Puff Pastry Biscuits is an evergreen accompaniment with chai. Khari or Puff pastry also served by spreading any jams or dips on it. It will go best with any sauces too.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
Ingredients of Twisted Khari
- 2 puff pastry sheets leave overnight in the refrigerator
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon water
How to Make Twisted Khari
To defrost the puff pastry simply keep the frozen package in the refrigerator overnight.
You can also put the frozen dough at room temperature for 40 minutes for it to defrost.
Mix cinnamon and sugar. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Unfold and roll one puff pastry sheet on parchment paper.
Gently remove the excess dough from outside of the plate from cutter.
Place one of the cut rounds on parchment paper lined baking tray. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on the pastry sheet evenly leaving an inch of the outer edge.
Using a pastry brush, dab water on the outer edge and place the other rolled round on top.
Press the edges firmly with your fingers.. Then, press gently but evenly all over the 2 pastry sheet so the filling sticks between the 2 sheets.
- Place a small cup upside down in the center and cut the pastry sheets into 4 equal parts using a knife starting from the center to the outer edges.
- Then cut each quarter into half. Next, cut each half into 3 parts. You should have a total of 24 strips.
- Twist starting from the outer edge toward the center making sure not to pull the dough too much. Twist all sections.
- Remove the center glass cup.
- You can also lightly brush over melted butter or ghee.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with a hot cup of ginger tea or hot cocoa.