Vaghareli Rotli or Roti Ka Poha is a flat bread crumble seasoned with asafoetida, red chillies and curry leaves, that makes a perfect breakfast or a tea time snack. A delicious dish made from leftover Rotli’s (Phulka’s, Puris, Chapati’s, Tawa Paratha).
- 2 cups Leftover roti , (phulka or chapati) chopped into half inch squares approximately (about 10 Rotlis)
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 5-6 Curry leaves , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil
- Salt , to taste
1To begin making the Vagharela Rotli’s, in a large bowl, combine the chopped rotlis, turmeric powder, curry leaves, red chilli powder and asafoetida.
2Heat oil in a pan on medium high, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Stir in the torn rotlis until well combined with the seasoning. Turn the heat on medium and roast the rotli mixture until slightly crisp, stirring occasionally.
3Once the desired texture is achieved turn off the heat and serve immediately. Serve the Vagharela Rotli Recipe (Roti Ka Poha) along with a hot cup of tea time snack.