If I had to choose just one dessert as my favorite, it would have to be a fudgy, chewy brownie.
Ingredients of Valentine’s Day Brownies
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- sprinkles, sugars, edible glitter for decoration
How To Make Valentine’s Day Brownies
- Heat oven to 350°F and Line baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, butter and cocoa in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add flour and buttermilk, mixing well.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Lift brownies from pan using foil ends. Cut-out brownies heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Combine powdered sugar, corn syrup, 1 teaspoon butter and enough milk for consistency in a bowl.
- Glaze top of each brownie heart, letting glaze drip down sides of brownie.
- Decorate with sprinkles, sugars, candies or edible glitter.