Vanilla milkshake recipe. One of the few milkshake recipes that I have received many requests for is the Vanilla Shake. Making any milkshake recipe is easy, so I was wondering what could be the reason for the maximum demand for vanilla milkshake. I thought vanilla milkshake maybe is a very popular milkshake recipe.
Vanilla milkshake and how it’s made
- The usual method of making vanilla milkshake is to mix milk, vanilla ice cream, and vanilla extract. this method results in a creamier and richer shake due to the addition of ice cream.
- While the simplest vanilla shake can be made only with milk, sugar and vanilla extract. it is a simple and easy method.
- A variation is also to add cream when mixing milk with vanilla extract and sugar. Adding cream makes the shake thick and creamy.
How to make a really good vanilla milkshake
I make vanilla milkshake on occasion, so I thought why not share the recipe. I know you can tell it’s just ice cream, milk and vanilla. So what’s the problem? to that my answer will be The ratio and quality of each ingredient is important for getting a smooth, thicker, creamier and tastier milkshake, just like you get at your favorite cafe or restaurant. So let’s break it down with the ingredients.
For making milkshakes, it is always best to use whole milk or whole milk which gives a rich, creamy and thicker consistency. Having said that, you can even use tonic milk or skim milk but just the consistency will be light and not rich.
2. Vanilla ice cream
The ice cream should be real ice cream and not a frozen dessert. if you live in india check the ingredients and most ice cream makers sell ice cream with vegetable oil in it. These are sold as frozen desserts and many consumers buy them by mistake. As far as I know, amul ice cream is the only ice cream that contains milk. So check the ingredients before you buy.
The ice cream should be real and made with milk or cream. Although the best option is to use homemade ice cream, sometimes it is not possible to make homemade vanilla ice cream due to the lack of time. It will be even better if the vanilla ice cream contains vanilla pods or real vanilla extract. Most brands of vanilla ice cream use artificial vanilla essence or vanillin.
3. Ice cream and milk ratio
I use the ratio of ¼ cup of milk to 3 medium ice cream scoops for a thicker, creamier, and richer vanilla milkshake. Depending on your taste buds, you can easily change this proportion or ratio.
For a thinner shake – add ½ cup of milk to 3 medium scoops.
For a fine milkshake – add ¾ to 1 cup of milk per 3 scoops.
Also Read: Ragi Milkshake
The best flavor comes from using vanilla pods or real vanilla extract. I prefer to use homemade vanilla extract for a good vanilla flavor. If you don’t have any vanilla, skip it. A good vanilla ice cream is enough.
5. Toppings and garnishes
Especially in cafes, whipped cream is added as a garnish on a vanilla shake. Whipped cream may or may not be in your kitchen all the time. So you can use nuts, dried fruits, berries, chocolate chips, sweet wafers which can be added as a garnish on the milkshake. You can even overwrite some cookies and add them. To the shake, you can also add caramel syrup, chocolate syrup.
How to make a vanilla milkshake without ice cream
You can easily make a vanilla milkshake without vanilla ice cream. Use whole milk. Combine the cooled milk, sugar and vanilla extract in a blender. Pour into glasses and serve. You can add cream while mixing.
Make a vegan vanilla shake
For a vegan version, use vegan vanilla ice cream and almond milk. Almond milk is a good substitute for milk and I prefer it to soy milk or cashew milk while making vegan shakes. Another favorite of mine is coconut milk and I generally use it to make shakes with fruits or berries.
How to make a vanilla milkshake
1. In a mixing bowl, take 4 cups of vanilla ice cream. Ice doesn’t have to be rock hard. So let it soften a bit so you can pick it up easily. 4 cups of vanilla ice cream equals about 12 scoops of ice cream. These are medium or medium sized ice cream scoops. I have mixed in several parts because I have a small mixer.
2. Add 1 cup of cooled whole milk.
3. Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of sugar or according to your taste. You can use powdered sugar or powdered sugar. The sweetness will also depend on the amount of sweetness in the ice cream.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of real vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean – which has been split and the beans scraped. Add the scraped beans to the blender. Do not add ice cubes as they will dilute both the taste and consistency of the milkshake.
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Pour into glasses or jars. Garnish with your favorite nuts and serve immediately. You can even top with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, crushed cookies, sweet wafers, whipped cream, or berries.