Here’s a sumptuous omelette to start your day on the right note! The Veg Cheese Omelette is made by pan-cooking (like pancakes) a mixture of eggs and chopped veggies, seasoned excitingly with dried herbs and green chillies.
A topping of cheese adds a gooey dimension to the omelette, making it more filling and cheesily exciting. Although it is made with only common ingredients and everyday veggies like tomatoes and capsicum, the flavours and textures mingle really well to create a zesty bite that you are sure to relish thoroughly.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 2 servings
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup deseeded and finely chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
1/4 cup grated processed cheese
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tsp butter
toasted bread slices
- Combine the eggs, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and whisk well using a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the butter, cheese and mixed herbs and mix very well.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, pour the egg mixture, cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Turnover and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Put the cheese on one side of the omelette and sprinkle the dried mixed herbs evenly over it.
- Fold the omelette into a semi-circle and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with toasted bread slices and tomato ketchup.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||705.9 mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.2 mg||20%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.3 mg||27%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.2 mg||2%|
|Vitamin C||27.6 mg||69%|
|Vitamin E||0.8 mg||5%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||67.1 mcg||34%|