This Vegan Caesar Salad has all the tanginess and creaminess that you’d expect from a traditional Caesar salad, but it’s completely plant based. It a homemade rich and creamy roasted garlic Caesar Dressing, fresh romaine, crispy chickpea croutons, almond parmesan, and avocado for the most amazing vegan salad!
INGREDIENTS of VEGAN CAESAR SALAD
- 3 heads lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado
- Almond parmesan
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- generous pinch mineral salt
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 tablespoon vegan worcestershire
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- salt & fresh cracked pepper
How to Make VEGAN CAESAR SALAD
- Place rinsed chickpeas between a clean dish cloth, and gently rub them to dry, removing any of the loose skins.
- Place chickpeas on a prepared baking sheet, drizzle with oil and toss to coat, sprinkle with garlic powder and salt.
- Arrange chickpeas in a single layer, and garlic cloves, and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Remove the garlic if they seem to be getting too baked.
- Soak the cashew in hot water for 5 minutes, drain.
- In a blender, add the cashews, water, roasted garlic cloves, capers, worcestershire, dijon, lemon juice, salt & pepper, blend until creamy smooth.
- Place the chopped romaine in a large mixing bowl, add as much or as little of the dressing as you like, you may have some leftover, and give a good toss.
- Top with chickpea croutons, avocado, and a sprinkle of Almond Parmesan.