Vegan Cashew Cream Fruit Salad Recipe – one of my favorite ways to have a fruit salad is with cream. we call it fruit cream.
Here the fruits are mixed with whipped cream sweetened with sugar or honey.
Since I sometimes try to make vegan food, I have replaced regular cream with cashew cream in this recipe. And made a vegan fruit salad with cashew cream.
Now, before you ask me what cashew cream is… I’ll explain what it is. Cashew Cream is a smoothly blended, whipped cashew nut. Well, it’s not cashew paste.
Here, the cashews are kept soaked in the refrigerator, then mixed with ice water to achieve a smooth creamy texture. I have mentioned below in recipe details how to make cashew cream.
You won’t miss the regular cream of this vegan fruit salad. it was one of the best fruit salads I have had. The cashew cream so beautifully sweetened the different tastes and flavors in this nutritious and healthy dessert.
I used seasonal Indian fruits like pineapple, apple, musk melon, chicken, papaya and banana. You can make the fruit salad with your country or region fruits.
The same fruit salad can also be made with regular cream. so enjoy this sweet and delicious dessert of a fruit salad. You can also have it during Navratri fasts or other religious fasting days.
▢ 0.33 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
▢ 0.33 cup peeled, cored and chopped apple
▢ 0.33 cup chopped banana
▢ 0.33 cup chopped musk melon
▢ 0.33 cup ground chick (sapota)
▢ 0.33 cup chopped papaya
For the cashew cream
▢ 0.25 cup cashews (kaju)
▢ 0.17 teaspoon of vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
▢ Sugar as needed
▢ Frozen water
Prepare the cashew nut cream
- In a bowl, take the cashews. rinse them well.
- Now add water to the bowl until it roughly covers the cashews.
- Cover with a lid and store in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours.
- Drain the water from the cashews. add the soaked cashews in a blender.
- Pour cold water into the blender again, completely covering the cashews.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove to a bowl and store in the refrigerator.
- For 3 days, cashew milk stays good in the refrigerator.
- Use as needed.
Make a vegan fruit salad
- Combine all the fruit in a large bowl.
- Now either you can add the whole cashew cream we made, or
- Layer it into individual serving glasses or bowls like I did.
- Add a layer of fruit.
- Then a layer of cashew nut cream. add 3-5 layers like this.
- And then add slices of pistachio or any dried fruit of your choice.
- Enjoy a healthy and healthy fruit dessert.