Jalfrezi is a popular curry dish which originated in the Indian subcontinent and more often than not it was supposed to be spicy and tangy! It is generally served as a side to the choice of roti or naan bread recipe but can also be served with dal rice combo meal.
Ingredients of Vegetable Jalfrezi
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 Onions
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ Green Bell pepper sliced
- ½ Red Bell pepper sliced
- ½ Yellow Bell pepper sliced
- 1 Roma Tomato sliced
- ½ cup Baby corn
- ½ cup Carrots
- ½ cup French Beans sliced diagonally into 2″ pieces
- ½ cup Cauliflower Florets
- ¼ cup Sweet Corn kernels
- ½ cup Paneer
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg ground
- ⅛ teaspoon Green Cardamom ground
- 2 tablespoons Kasuri Methi
- 4 tablespoon Fresh Coriander chopped
How to Make Vegetable Jalfrezi
Blanching the baby corn, carrots, beans, cauliflower and corn kernels.
Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, once they splutter add the slit green chilli, add the ginger- garlic paste.
Add the sliced onions and saute.
All tomato ketchup and tomato puree to the pan followed by turmeric and red chilli powders.
Add the sliced bell peppers and sliced tomato to the pan and saute.
Add the blanched and drained vegetables, salt, garam masala, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and kasuri methi.
Add a tablespoon of water, mix and cook covered on a slow flame for 10 min.
Add the paneer and saute for a minute.