One of the popular starter recipes from Indo Chinese cuisine. You will find them in every Indian chinese restaurant menu.
Ingredients of Veg Spring Rolls
Also Read: Massaman Curry (Thai)
How to make Veg Spring Roll
- Veg Spring Roll recipe needs no introduction! It is one of the most popular Chinese appetizer recipe, which can be prepared at home by following some simple steps given below. To make the outer coating of the roll, take a large bowl and add plain flour, cornflour, water, salt and whisk the ingredients well.
Also make sure that no lumps are formed and that the consistency of the dough is balanced. Take a non-stick pan and heat it over medium heat. Then grease with oil. Once the pan is hot enough, pour a ladle of dough into it and make a thin pancake by tilting the pan. Cook over medium heat until the sides begin to peel off. Once the sides start to peel, transfer the pancake to a plate. Do not cook the other side. Follow this process with the remaining dough and stack the packages with a pinch of flour in between, keeping the baked side on top. Now take a kadai / wok with 1 tablespoon of oil and heat it over high heat Once the oil is hot, add the following ingredients: carrots, peppers, onions, cabbage, ginger and sauté until let them become slightly tender but still have a crunchiness.
3. Finally add the salt, soy, pepper and stir. Let the mixture dry. Now take a kadai / wok with 1 tablespoon of oil and heat it over high heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the following ingredients – carrots, pepper, onion, cabbage, ginger and sauteed until they become slightly tender but still have a crunch.
5. Finally add the salt, soy, pepper and stir. Let the mixture dry. Remove the kadai / wok from the stove and transfer the filling mixture to a plate. Let this mixture cool.
6. Now place the rolls of spring rolls on a flat surface with the uncooked side outwards and apply a little flour dough at the corners.
7. Place 1 tablespoon of the garnish mixture on the baked side of the pancake at one end. Fold 1/2 inch on the left side and then the right side.
8. Roll up while holding the sides. Note that the edges should be well sealed with the flour dough so that it does not crack when the roll is fried.
9. Repeat this process for all spring rolls and keep aside. Take a heavy bottomed pan and pour enough oil to fry. Fry the spring rolls until golden.
10. Turn off the heat and transfer the dish to a serving plate. Serve hot with ketchup / chili sauce.