This braided stuffed bread is a soft and moist yeast-based loaf, stuffed with vegetables and herbs. An easy and flavorful savory bread, filled with variety of colorful vegetables is a perfect meal. Vegetables are important part of healthy eating and provide a source of many nutrients.
Ingredients of Vegetable Stuffed Braided Bread
FOR THE DOUGH
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Instant yeast – ¾ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Warm water
FOR THE FILLING
- Bell pepper – 1
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Cilantro – a good handful
- Jalapeno – ½ of a large one
- Indian chat masala – 1 tsp
- Green chili cilantro chutney – 3 tbsp
- Milk + Butter – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp (for brushing)
How to Make Vegetable Stuffed Braided Bread
- Add the all purpose flour, yeast, salt and sugar in the bowl, Add the oil and then slowly add the warm water and make soft dough.
- Place the dough in a oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 2 hours.
- Now add all the chopped vegetables in a bowl.
- Once the dough has risen, place it on a lightly floured work surface, roll it into a rectangle shape.
- Mark about 4 to 5 inches of space in the center of the rectangle to place the filling and then using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, make cuts on either side of the dough to resemble thin strips.
- Spread a thin layer of the green chili cilantro chutney in the center and spread the filling evenly over it.
- Fold the top of the dough over the filling and then start to braid. Starting with one side, fold the strip over the dough and then do the same on the other side. Keep braiding until there are just 3 or 4 strips left. At this point fold the bottom of the dough over the filling and then finish the braiding.
- Transfer the bread on to a baking sheet, rest it for 1 hour.
- Combine 2 tbsp of warm milk and 1 tsp of butter in a bowl and Brush this mixture over the braided bread.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy!!!!!