Combine sweet pears with creamy stilton in this easy Mexican quesadilla recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes. All there is to a vegetarian quesadilla is a mixture of black beans with vegetables and spices.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients Of Mexican quesadilla
- 8 whole wheat large (8”) tortillas
- 14 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 2 2/3 cups cheese that melts well, shredded (cheddar, mozzarella)
- Salsa and yogurt, for serving
ALSO READ: Pani PoPo
Instructions Of Mexican quesadilla
- In a large mixing bowl, add the black beans, corn, pepper, cilantro, red onion, cumin and salt; mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Build each quesadilla: on a half of tortilla, sprinkle 3 tablespoons (half of 1/3 cup) of cheese, spread 1/2 cup of vegetable mixture and sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the top, pressing on it slightly gently to form a half-moon. Repeat and make 8 quesadillas.
- If you have leftover vegetable mix – eat it. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, let stand 3 to 5 minutes and cut each quesadilla in half using a serrated knife.
- Serve with salsa and yogurt.