This recipe is so simple the kids can grab this fresh after-school snack when they get off the bus. Just heat the waffles (toaster works perfectly), top with Greek yogurt, pre-sliced fruits from the refrigerator, some nuts, then a drizzle of honey and lime. Bright, colorful, simple, and deliciously satisfying any time of day!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients Of Waffle Fruit Tarts
- 4 frozen Kellogg’s® Eggo Thick & Fluffy Original Waffles
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup mixed fruits
- 12 almonds
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Instructions Of Waffle Fruit Tarts
- Prepare the original thick and fluffy Kellogg’s® Eggo waffles according to the package directions, either in a toaster or in the oven until hot and crisp.
- Meanwhile, whip the Greek yogurt and 1½ tablespoons of honey in a small bowl. Put aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk the remaining honey and lime juice. Put aside. Chop and prepare the fruit you plan to use.
- Spread ¼ cup sweet yogurt on a crisp waffle. Garnish with an assortment of fruits and almonds.
- Drizzle the lime honey and garnish with a fresh mint leaf. Serve immediately.