The perfect homemade hash browns have always eluded me. As a healthy benefit there’s no oil, very little butter, and no eggs. They are not greasy at all and are very light-tasting.
Ingredients of Wafflemaker Hash Browns
How to Make Wafflemaker Hash Browns
- Thaw the hash browns at room temperature for about 4 hours, When they are thawed, preheat the waffle iron to medium-low heat.
- Place half the hash browns in the middle of a stack of four paper towels.
- Bunch up the potatoes and squeeze them to force out as much liquid as possible. Place the hash browns in a large bowl.
- Drizzle in the butter, then add the pepper.
- Coat the surface of the waffle iron with cooking spray, then add 1/2 cup of the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped ham evenly over the potatoes then add the cheese.
- Sprinkle the potatoes over the top of each waffle. Then close the lid and cook!
- Lift the lid and check on the waffles from time to time to make sure they aren’t burning. The edges and the cheese will start to crisp up and get golden.
- Use a dull knife or spatula to remove the waffles. Serve them with ketchup.