- 30 large fresh mint leaves, roughly torn by hand
- 3 to 4 thick slices of fresh watermelon
- 12 ounces of light rum, like Bacardi
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 6 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- Mint sprigs and watermelon spears, for serving
To crush the mint leaves, use a mortar and pestle. Remove and discard the skin and seeds from the watermelon. Put the fruits in a food processor equipped with the steel blade and mash them. Puree mint in a large pitcher with 2 cups of mashed watermelon, rum, simple syrup and lime juice and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a pitcher to serve.
Place the ice cubes in 6 glasses and pour the mojito mixture into the glasses. Garnish with fresh mint and watermelon spears. Serve frozen.