The Wiener Schnitzel is a type of schnitzel composed of a thin breaded and pan-fried veal cutlet. It is one of the best known specialties of Viennese cuisine, and one of the national dishes of Austria and its national cuisine.
- Prep- 15 m
- Cook- 15 m
- Ready In- 1 h 30 m
Ingredients Of Wiener Schnitzel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices lemon
ALSO READ: Sachertorte (Christmas Special)
Direction Of Wiener Schnitzel
- Place each veal cutlet between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Dip in flour to coat. In a medium bowl combine the Parmesan, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg and milk. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Dip each escalope in the egg mixture, then press the breadcrumbs to coat. Place the coated cutlets on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Melt the butter in medium heat. Cook the breaded cutlets until golden on each side, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a serving dish and pour the cooking juices over them. Garnish with lemon slices.