Dahi Kebab is a very original Indian starter recipe. These skewers are made with hanged curds, which is essentially thick, stretched yogurt, or stretched Greek yogurt. Their manufacture is quick and effortless. Dahi Kabab make a perfect appetizer for parties. So make these rich, creamy, melt-in-mouth kebabs for your parties and get-togethers and let your guests do the work of guessing the main ingredient in this. And I am sure, yogurt would be the last thing they would guess. But one thing is sure that these velvety charms would surely steal the show.
INGREDIENTS of Yogurt Kebab
• Chilled Hung Curd (Yogurt) – 2 Cup
• Green Chili, Chopped – 2
• Coriander Leaves, Chopped – 2 Tbsp
• Salt To Taste
• Red Chili Powder – 1 Tsp
• Bhuna Jeera Powder – 1 Tsp
• Dalchini Powder – 1 Tsp
• Breadcrumbs – 1/4 Cup
• Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 Tsp
• Cornflour For Coating Kabab – 1/4 Cup
• Onion, Chopped – 1 Medium
• Oil For Shallow Frying
• Roasted Cashews And Peanuts
• Onion Slices
• Lemon Wedges
• Green Chutney
How to make Yogurt Kebab
- Add the hanging yogurt to a bowl or plate.
- Add the chopped green peppers, chopped cilantro, chopped onions, red pepper powder, toasted cumin powder, ground cinnamon, salt, breadcrumbs and garam masala powder. Mix well with light hands.
- If the dough is sticky, you can add more breadcrumbs, but do not knead too much. Take a ball the size of a lemon and roll it up to make a ball.
- If the dough sticks to your palms, moisten or grease your hands and roll the balls. Flatten it with your fingers and add stuff with toasted nuts and chopped raisins.
- Cover it by pressing the edges in the center and form a kabab.
- Prepare the other skewers in the same way.
- Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan over medium heat until it turns golden.
- Remove and place on paper towels.
- Serve hot with green chutney, onions and lemon wedges.