Zafrani Kaju Katli is an easy as well as popular North Indian sweet, often made during Diwali and special festive occasions. This lip-smacking dessert recipe is loaded with the goodness of cashews and is truly delicious. This easy-to-make recipe is a perfect amalgamation of balanced sugar and creaminess of cashew nuts. Unlike other sweet recipes, this delicacy is very simple and easy. It is one of the most popular sweet delight, and making it at home is much better than buying from any sweet shop. Homemade Kaju Katli tastes much better, simply because you can control the quantity and quality of ingredients used to prepare this sweet delicacy.
Prep Time: 05 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Cook Time: 40 mins
Ingredients Of Zafrani Kaju Katli
- 1 tsp saffron
- 100 gm cashew nuts, broken
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 sheets silver varq
How to Make Zafrani Kaju Katli
- Grind the cashews into a fine powder.
- Heat enough water in a non-stick pan.
- Add the sugar and saffron, mix and cook until the syrup thickens.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add the cashew powder and mix well, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Spread the mixture on a thali and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to a work surface and knead a little.
- Spread the mixture in a burfi tray, garnish with silver varq and let set.
- Cut into squares and serve.