Here’s a quick refreshing of how cheese is made: add enzymatic rennet to the milk that makes it curdle. Solids (curd), separated from the liquid (whey). The curd is used to make cheese and the whey is then discarded or used to make other things or Josy’s favorite, Ziger.
Ingredients Of Ziger Malfatti
- 400 g Ziger(cheese)
- 2 eggs
- 100 g Sbrinz, grated
- 100 g flour
- chopped herbs, nutmeg, salt and pepper
- cornmeal for rolling
- butter and lemon to serve
Also Read: Steamed modak (Ganesh Chaturthi Special)
Direction Of Ziger Malfatti
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine Ziger, eggs, cheese, flour and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Make the balls: Remove a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it in the corn flour, gently forming it into a ball.
- Drop the balls in boiling water and cook for a few minutes or until they float up. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your pot. 5. To serve, melt a little butter and pour it over the malfatti, with a pinch or two of lemon juice.