If you are a parent of school-aged children, you may be trying to make a list of easy breakfast options and healthy lunch box additions that you and your children can enjoy. So today I am sharing a recipe that can be used for both breakfast and lunch! These baked zucchini and banana oatmeal cups are the perfect option when it comes to easy, healthy and delicious! And they are not only for children because they also make a perfect food for adults.
INGREDIENTS of Zucchini And Banana Oatmeal Cups
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 small over-ripe bananas
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Optional add-ins: 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Also Read: Air-Fried Lemon Butter Cake
INSTRUCTIONS Of Zucchini And Banana Oatmeal Cups
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with silicone muffin pans.
- Place the flax and water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside for “gel”. Place the bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the grated zucchini, almond milk, vanilla extract, almond butter, maple syrup and flax mixture, stirring to combine.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and any other supplements. Stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top. You will have leftover dough if you only use a muffin pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
- Store the cooled cups of oatmeal in an airtight container in the refrigerator.